Your bedroom is your oasis - a place to relax, recharge and retreat from the world. It’s also where you probably spend the most time between sleeping, getting dressed and lounging in bed with a great book or show. And with the cooler months coming up, you’re bound to spend even more time inside, so create the bedroom sanctuary you’ve always wanted with these 5 tips.
- Choose colour wisely. Hot pink may be your favourite colour, but do you really want it all over the walls? Colour is a powerful influencer and can really affect the mood and tone of your bedroom, so go for hues that evoke a look and feel you’ll want to experience every day, If you want something more airy and serene, opt for neutrals. If you want a brighter, bolder aesthetic, consider using that hot pink as an accent colour in a lampshade or vase.
- Do-it-yourself. There’s nothing like homemade personal touches to make the space feel truly your own. Pick out a fabric you love and make a beautiful case for a decorative pillow. Customize a wooden picture frame with a fun paint colour or textured stain. Repurpose an antique family heirloom or garage sale find. Whether you’re a DIY pro or can’t sew on a button to save your life, there’s a project you can master.
- Spotlight your passion. Animals, photography, fashion, movies - whatever you love, you’ll love your room that much more if it’s included. Incorporating a few subtle touches is the key to keeping things fresh and stylish rather than gimmicky and overbearing. Use monochromatic images or frame prints in classic colours like white or black.
- Deck out your window. You’ve heard that a good mattress is the best investment you’ll ever make, but a quality window treatment is just as important. It can set the tone of the room and aid in a good night sleep by blocking the sunlight.
- Finish off with soothing touches. Complete your sanctuary with comforting accessories that appeal to your senses, like scented candles, cozy blankets and a plush duvet.